To keep up with my trial grain-free diet, I decided I needed to update my pumpkin protein loaf recipe and make a grain-free version. I replaced the oatmeal in the recipe and switched it out for almond flour and some ground flax meal. In my opinion, I think the grain free recipe tastes better then the oatmeal recipe, but that's just me!
I used the same recipe to make muffins and a loaf, both turned out amazingly moist and delicious!! I even used my cute new square silicone muffin cups and it was a success!
Grain-Soy-Dairy Free Pumpkin Protein Loaf or Muffins:
Loaf: makes either 7 slices (1 slice per serving)
Muffins: makes 12 muffin cups (2 muffins per serving)
- 3 scoops protein powder - I am currently using Vitol Egg White protein powder - Vanilla Ice Cream Flavor
- 1/2 cup ground almond meal
- 1 cup egg white
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of pumpkin spice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Sweetener of choice - I used 8 drops of liquid stevia
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
Fat: 5.5g
Calories: 147g
Carb: 8g
Protein: 17g
Sugar: 2.5g
Muffins : Nutritional info for 2 muffins:
Fat: 6g
Calories: 171g
Carb: 9.5g
Protein: 20g
Sugar: 2.6g
*The nutritional breakdown is an estimate based on the specific ingredients that I use in my recipes. The breakdown for your recipe may vary slightly depending on the ingredients that are used.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl together. Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl, and then mix the two bowls together. Prepare a 9x5 loaf pan OR muffin cups with non-stick spray if needed and pour in batter. Cook for 35 minutes. Let it cool enough to separate the loaf from the pan with a spatula and then place on a cooling rack. Once they have all finished cooling completely, cut loaf into 7 thick slices or pop out muffins, place in snack baggies and refrigerate or freeze. The nutritional breakdown is for either 1 slice of the loaf or 2 muffins, but depending on your goals you might need to eat 2. Bon Appétit!





No comments:
Post a Comment