Thursday, February 2, 2012

Simple Strawberry Protein Pancakes

This is a super simple protein pancake recipe that I whipped up yesterday when I got home from the gym. I wanted to use up some of the strawberries I had in the fridge and also wanted to try and use as little ingredients as possible. I feel like I've gotten SO creative with my recipes, that I'm starting to forget about the good ol' days when I made my pancakes with only protein powder, sweet potato, sweetener and egg. Unfortunately my egg protein powder doesn't cook up as well as my old whey did, so I still have to add in the almond flour to give the cake a little more body.  

The pancake turned out really well and was quite pretty, if I do say so myself!



Strawberry Protein Pancake (soy, dairy & grain free)
Makes 1 large pancake 
  • 1.5 tbsp almond flour
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Vitol Vanilla Egg Protein Powder )
  • 1 whole egg
  • 3 large strawberries sliced
  • Cinnamon & stevia to taste
  • 2 tbsp PB2 (peanut butter) mixed with water
 Mix all the ingredients together except for the PB2, set off to the side for topping. Set your stove to medium to medium-low heat, preheat frying pan. Heat will vary depending on the type of stove you are working with. I have a gas stove, so my stove top gets very hot and cooks my food very quick. Once the pan is hot, toss in a small scoop of extra virgin coconut oil to coat the pan. Pour the batter into the pan, cover with lid and cook pancakes for a couple minutes on both sides until golden brown brown, flipping once. Bon Appétit!






4 comments:

  1. I just made this (kinda) but I used a tbsp of coconut flour instead of the protein powder and then had to add some almond milk to thin out the batter a bit...and I used blueberries and vanilla for flavoring. So, really, I didn't make this at all...but I was *inspired* by this. And it came out fantastic. I melted down some coconut butter thinned with water for the topping. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds Glorious, Linds! I'm glad I could inspire your creation! I will have to try out your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you please tell me if almond flour would count as fat or carb in macros? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nargess! The almond flour in the recipe counts for almost 6g of fat and 2g of carbs

    ReplyDelete