xoxo
Amber
Coconut Flour Pumpkin Protein Brownie:
Makes 8 slices (1 slice per serving depending on your goals)
- 3 scoops protein powder - I am currently using Vitol Egg White protein powder - Vanilla Ice Cream Flavor
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup egg white
- 3 jumbo whole eggs
- 3/4 cup Trader Joe's light coconut milk
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- Sweetener of choice - I used 8 drops of liquid stevia
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl together. Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl, and then mix the two bowls together. Prepare a 8x8 baking pan OR muffin cups with non-stick spray if needed and pour in batter. Cook for 30-35 minutes or until cooked all the way through. Let it cool enough to separate the loaf from the pan with a spatula and then place on a cooling rack. Once it's finished cooling completely, cut into 8 thick slices or pop out muffins, place in snack baggies and refrigerate or freeze. Bon Appétit!




I thought of you as I was shopping at the health food store today. I bought all things coconut! But, they were all out of coconut flour...so I'll have to wait to try your yummy brownie recipe. It looks goooood! - Thanks for your great ideas! @soynmilkfreegal
ReplyDeleteHehe glad I could help! Sounds like it's a hot commodity at your health food store! :) I usually buy mine online from tropicaltraditions.com or amazon if I can't find it in stores. I posted quite a few yummy recipes here on my Pinterest. http://pinterest.com/exsoycise/healthy-recipes-i-d-love-to-try/
ReplyDeleteThis looks great! I'm going to try this next weekend. Thanks! :)
ReplyDeleteLet me know how it turns out, Mimi! =)
ReplyDelete