Oaty Walnut and Blueberry Protein Muffins - Serving is 2 muffins:
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 3 scoops protein powder - I used no flavor Naturade Non-Soy Veggie protein powder, but I suggest using chocolate or vanilla
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon - add more if you love cinnamon!
- 2 tbsp unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar or agave
- 3 packets of stevia - add more if you have a real sweet tooth!
- 1 tsp almond extract
Fat: 11g
Calories: 243g
Carb: 25g
Protein: 15g
Sugar: 7g
Preheat oven to 325°F. Mix all ingredients in a bowl together. Prepare a 12 cup muffin pan with paper or foil liners. Spoon equal amounts of muffin mix into each liner. Cook muffins for 25-30 minutes. Let them cool enough to handle and remove liners. Once they have all finished cooling completely, place in snack baggies and refrigerate. Bon Appétit!




Soy and sugar free? You're awesome!
ReplyDeleteHehe well there is some natural sugars in this recipe. But for the most part I have been sugar free probably for the last 6+ years. Sugar and my waistline just don't get along ;)
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a great recipe, Amber! I'm not soy and lactose free, although I really limit them. I use almond milk, too. Love what you're doing here! :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you liked it, Christina! :) Limiting them both is definitely a good thing. Thanks so much for stopping by!
ReplyDelete